Did you know that there is a very easy way to post youtube videos on facebook? Besides sharing text or image updates, Facebook allows you to post youtube videos as well.
Besides making your Facebook posts more interesting, by posting videos you have more chances of receiving likes, comments and shares and this will eventually lead to more people seeing your posts.
This is the 3rd post of the quick series, “How to manage YouTube better”, in the first post we explained how to fast forward a youtube video and in the second post how to start youtube video at certain time.
How to post youtube videos on Facebook
There are 2 ways to do it:
- The first way to post a video from youtube on Facebook is to go to youtube.com and find the video you want to post.
- Click the SHARE button and then the Facebook icon (like the screenshot below)
- You will then be prompted to type a comment about your video (optional) and when you are ready to publish on your wall click the SHARE button.
By default the video is shared in PUBLIC, if you want to share it to a specific friend or group or friends you can select the CUSTOM from the sharing list.
The second way to post a video on your timeline is to:
- Find the video you want to share and either copy the URL of the video from the address bar or right click in the video player and select COPY VIDEO URL
- You can then go to your Facebook page, in the status update field and paste the URL. Like before, you can add your own comments and choose who can view the shared video.
How to post youtube videos on Facebook from iPad
The above methods work great on the desktop but if you are using an iPad the easiest and fastest way to share a video on your Facebook timeline is:
Open the YouTube application on your iPad
Find the video you want to share
Click the SHARE button at the bottom and select FACEBOOK from the pop-up menu.
If you have a Facebook account already setup you can type our comments about the video (optional) and click the POST button. If not, you need to go to SETTINGS and configure at least one Facebook account for your iPad.
That’s it, if you use any other method to post youtube videos on Facebook feel free to add them in the comments below.